Reply 1 Fernando
1. What is one of the best kept secrets about hospitality according to Gretchen Stroud?
One of the best kept secrets is their people and what they mean to the company. Being an industry that is very customer interactive, hiring, training, and retaining quality employees is one of the secrets.
What is Operation Opportunity?
It was an operation to hire 10,000 veterans and military spouses by 2018 but have far exceeded that number.
2. The Hilton uses technology to screen candidates, so how do they bring that same “light and warmth” to the candidate experience?
Hilton is always looking to hire great talent that are always looking for change and thinking creatively
. What’s the major value of Hilton’s Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) program?
All employees get the chance to attend the training in some cases without having to travel for many days. Also being able to do learning in different languages.
3. How does a cafeteria-style benefits program work?
It allows employees the options to choose what works best for them and their choices.
Do employees generally like this type of structure?
I think the majority like this type of structure due to the flexibility and the ability to tailor the plans to what best serves them.
Reply 2 Ivan
1. What is one of the best kept secrets about hospitality according to Gretchen Stroud? What is Operation Opportunity?
It is the several types of department or careers inside the industry where everybody can pursue. Hilton used it to their advantage and helped their recruiting and personnel management effective. Operation Opportunity is their initiative or program to hire veterans and military spouse and help them see the correlation between military service and hospitality industry.
2. The Hilton uses technology to screen candidates, so how do they bring that same “light and warmth” to the candidate experience? What’s the major value of Hilton’s Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) program?
Hilton makes sure the applicants, even though they don’t get qualify for the position they applied for will meet the recruiting team. It is because they don’t feel like their application just got thrown away or deleted in the system and they might get qualified for a different position. The major value of VILT program is to provide support to the employees’ professional, leadership and personal growth.
3. How does a cafeteria-style benefits program work? Do employees generally like this type of structure? Why or why not?
Cafeteria-style benefits program work is flexible and allow employees to choose whatever is available for them whether it’s cash or anything that is being offered. I think employees generally love the idea, but most importantly they are given the chance to suggest how to improve the program.