info in the doc
MKT 3328 Retailing
Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2021
• References: If you have used any sources for this assignment, you should cite them in your
paper (Using “APA”).
• Note: save your file as “your last name_CES 2021” (e.g., Jackson_ CES 2021) before the
Most of you are unaware of it, but the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) is one of the largest and
most influential showcases in the United States for introducing innovative products from around
This year’s CES show looked a little different though. Due to the pandemic and travel r estrictions,
CES was held virtually in an all-digital format. Still, it included more than 300 speakers, 150
countries, 700 start-ups, and thousands of new products from around the globe. A diverse group of
companies included the latest innovations in manufacturing, transportation, entertainment,
robotics, automotive, consumer goods, and more.
***Review all the learning materials (articles & videos) posted on BB course module!
1. Discuss the purpose of CES show and how innovation fits into it. Discuss the use of trade
shows and exhibits as part of a marketing plan.
2. How is CES typically held? How has the pandemic disrupted these past practices?
3. Select two products that you would most like to own, dive into the details and write a
summary of each one’s features and benefits. What is the target market for the products?
4. Which product do you think is the most ridiculous? Why?
5. Which product looks like it will be the biggest commercial hit? Explain.
6. Which ones do you think will be winners in the marketplace?
N• Due: ovember 15 (Monday), 11:59 pm
• Typed; Times New Roman 12 font, double spaced, 1″ margin
• Submission link is available under “Week of 11/8” navigation tool on